December 2015 Nows
We’ve had some major upheaval in my family recently with the death of my step-father, so December’s Now list is likely to reflect that. I say this because I want to give fair warning to my readers that my focus is pretty narrow these days out of necessity.
Here’s what’s on the agenda for December 2015:
- Regular calls to my mother to check on her state of mind and make sure she knows she’s not alone.
- Supporting my sister in arranging care for our mother and with her own health issues.
- My own, immediate family (wife, kids) – being as present for them in a positive way as I possibly can be.
- Close out of my Insanity Max: 30 workouts and start-up of 21 Day Fix Extreme to try and prevent as much of the holiday bloat as I can.
- Completion of Amy Porterfield’s Facebook Marketing training.
- Return to creating regular and useful content for this blog (gotta get back into the habit of writing at least weekly – and build a solid content plan to use as a guide).
- Management of my 80/20 Holiday Fitness Challenge and support to the folks participating in that.
- Recruitment for participants in the new Hammer & Chisel boot camp that starts at the end of the month.
- Daily personal development reading/audiobook listening.
- Reach out daily to friends to stay connected and fend off seasonal depression.
- Hiring a new CPA to handle our taxes going forward.
- Stay on-track with projects at my 9-5 job.
And that’s really enough, isn’t it. What’s on the back burner? Any new professional development work. I had considered pursuing a NASM certification this winter, but that’s a time and mental focus commitment I know would blow up in my face.